Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dr. Crick, I presume?

Sir Francis Crick
I have been a good boy and guess what? Ma's friend has discovered an uncanny resemblance between me and Dr. Crick, the Nobel prize winning father of molecular biology who was instrumental in discovering the structure of DNA. He coined the phrase, central DOGma, referring to the flow of information from DNA -> RNA -> protein. This dogma was challenged by the discovery of reverse transcriptase, present in certain viruses such as the retrovirus HIV. Hey, science can be a dog-eat-dogma world. Well, my Ma always said I'm very professorial for a dog. I can be very pensive and I notice everything. Ma's Pops, also a scientist, thought it was very funny. So, now I have a new nickname - Dr. Crick. I prick my ears when I hear that! Ma says all dogs have a given name and an earned name.

It's the BROWS and the EYES!!
It's interesting to note that he moved to southern California and studied the neurochemical basis of consciousness in his later years. He is British, of course, like us Airedales.

Carlotta comes all the way from LA to visit so I take
her on scenic walks when she comes. She used to show dogs
so she knows a lot about us.

The other day, Lucca and I found a football!
Lucca having difficulty picking up the ball.

I had to school him -- can't go for the fat part,
gotta go for the ends.



So, 'til my next misadventure, be good, be safe and to challenge dogma you must think out of the box. 


2 comments:

Oskar said...

I see the resemblence! It looks like you had a fun time.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Suka said...

hey Maximas,

Science rocks! So do smart pups! I think Dr. Crick is a great nick-name for you.

Nice video! You and your friend sure know how to have fun!

Suka