Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Becoming a dog

I have been a good boy and Ma says I am becoming a dog. Hrrrrumph! What's that supposed to mean? Have I ever been anything other than a dog? Well, apparently, she means I am growing up, but because of this, she is very concerned about my social life. She doesn't want me mingling with a lot of strange dogs all at once since this can lead to some bad juju - as in dogfights, which we've seen a lot recently. But, I have kept my nosey nose out of trouble, thanks to Ma, who has a sixth sense for bad juju. She manages to get me away before things erupt. And, she is not taking me to the doggie party on Sunday at Lois's which is a bit upsetting. She thinks subjecting me to a dozen small dogs near food in a small, enclosed yard is a bad idea. Hrrrrumph! Well, that doesn't sound much like fun, so fine. But no worries. I get to hang out with known pack members, in other words, my best buddies.

Unlike me, these guys may have evolved from cows.

Tikka has learned her play bow pretty well.
Why spend money on toys when we can find the best ones on the beach.
Kelp - part toy, part nutritional supplement. Ma says it has lots of iodine and is good for my hair.
Lucca and I know a good treat when we smell one. Can you believe we don't beg at home?
I taught him this!
And here's another one of my buddies, Rider.
Handsome, isn't he?
Well, that's it for now. Til my next misadventure, au revoir, and don't forget to root for Andy Schleck. Allez, allez, allez.

No comments: